Sunday, October 10, 2010

Para Maria!

Today has been good :]

I had the opportunity to attend Summit View today (I have been going to a church closer to home), so it was a huge blessing to see family. I miss everyone so much! And the Lord opened my eyes quite a bit through Chris' message.

Now, there are two reasons why I headed out there this week:

One! I got to deliver a drawing!! Months ago, when we got back from Nica, I wanted to do a drawing for Mary Wallace, who was one of my team mates. She fell in love with a little girl in one of the Miskito villages on the East Coast, "Krukira". I knew how much she loved this little girl (I can't remember her name, so we'll just call her "little girl" and hopefully Mary will tell me again ;]) so I wanted to do a drawing based off of a photo of the two together. I attempted this drawing a million times and took it at different angles, but finally decided on this:

We were making bracelets with all the kiddos. I love looking through all the photos of Mary and "Little Girl", because I know there was a huge language barrier (nakisma! ;]). Miskito locals do not speak Spanish, but have an entirely different language, which is totally fascinating! But anyways, it just shows how much you can still communicate love to someone, without speaking their language. I know "Little Girl" will never forget Mary :] It was really cool to see her with "Little Girl".

Okay, I'm totally done being cheesy, but I HIGHLY advise you to check out Mary's photographs. She's got amazing stuff!!

Now for reason number TWO! It effects the dynamics of this project in a few different ways. Today was Summit View's first meeting for another trip to Nica!!!! We will be leaving January 15th, and returning a week later. I know... just a week... I might "accidentally" misplace my passport once there, so I'll have to stay longer. I don't know, I'll decide when I get there. Or maybe someone there will adopt me? Kidnap me? Get married? Get hurt? There are ways my friends... ...

I'm totally kidding! But, for the next few months, the proceeds will actually go towards my FEI team fees. Yes, the money still goes to FEI, but it will help me get to Nica. If you are a buyer and would prefer otherwise, we can definitely work something out, so if you have ANY concerns, just let me know!

I'm so excited for new team members (some of which I met today), to see the kiddos again, and yes, even the MANY convictions that are sure to come :]

So here's another round of exciting preparations!!!

^^ First day with Ana y Miurel. I'll be seeing them in a bit ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment