Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Mountain

Hola amigos!

I'll have to put off the news from last weekend for a few more days! I promise you, it's a good story!

But for now, I wanted to share with you guys a painting I just recently did. Although I have never actually MET her, I have been in communication with Amy Dixon, a really cool mama who has gone down to Nica as well! She has told me about some of her experiences and I've found her to be a HUGE inspiration. She has encouraged me so much in regards to following the Lord's plans. Here's a little something from her:

"I snapped a picture of this little girl in La Chureca, Managua's city dump. We had just hiked to the top of a 'mountain' and were standing there listening to our guides and interpreters. I looked over and there she was. She was just watching us. I often wonder what she was thinking. I have her picture on my wall. I may never know her name, but I will never forget to pray for her." Amy Dixon

It's funny how that happens! I remember standing on a trail just off the landfill, and I was watching a group of barefoot boys play soccer. Admittedly, I wasn't listening to what our guides and interpreters were saying. I just wanted to think about the kids, and how much I loved them and wish I could play with them every day. I never met them, and I probably never will, but like Amy, I will never forget to pray for them. I have a feeling this happens to everyone that sees these children in La Chureca. Those little moments seem to stick with you.

So this is my depiction of Amy's moment! If you can't figure it out, that's totally a house she's facing! Of course it's made out of trash :/ 
What I think is interesting, is the fact that many of the little girls you see there are in super fancy dresses. They are dirty and torn, but all they have are beautiful flowing dresses. Which reminds me!!!!

There are four new girls that have moved into Villa Esperanza (check out the updated sponsor site CHILD SPONSORSHIP)!!!!! Their names are Crisbell, Gissel, Kenia, and Luisa. Please be praying for them as they transition into their new homes and leave their families. They are currently in need of some cute clothes and shoes, because they didn't have too much in La Chureca, and donations were limited last season. So they could use our help! I'll be posting more info soon.

If you have any stories about Nicaragua, or ANY other trip you may have gone on, please share! I love to talk about these things :] (I'm sure you've gathered that by now). This project isn't about myself, so I would love to share what you have to say!!

Muchas graciasssss!! :]

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! :-) You did such an amazing job on this. My 10 year old is standing here in awe, saying "tell her I think that's pretty".

    ReplyDelete